So it’s been nearly four years. Doesn’t seem to be a long time ago when I had set foot on this foreign land. But in terms of the experience I have had it has been a looonnggg time.
- Change is inevitable. Change, good or bad, is an absolute necessity. It shapes you as a person. Don’t go about looking for good changes. Let it happen as it comes. Believe me even the not so good changes according to you will shape your future in some way or the other. And it’s pointless to say but don’t resist changes.
- People come and people go. Deal with it. This is something I learnt the hard way. I used to think people come into our life and remain forever. But every relationship in our lives comes with an expiry date. Life itself isn’t permanent so stop expecting people in your life to be.
- Never trust anyone 100%. Trust people but never put blind faith in them. It will come back to haunt you. It’s nice having faith in someone but in the end trust yourself and no one else. Because the best judge of any situation is you and not them.
- Have guts. Have guts to tell the truth or to support it. If something is going wrong have the guts to make it right. Even if the truth is going to hurt you, still have the guts to do the right thing.
- Don’t go about looking for best friends in this phase of your life. End result will be you won’t get one and to top it off you will get hurt bad. Make best friends when you are in school because that’s when we humans are at our selfless best, when we are children. The more we grow up the more sin we do of being selfish. Friendships turn out to be nothing but a way of getting things done.
- Fall in love. Don’t be afraid to fall in love. It may hurt and the other person may not love you back but never be afraid to fall in love. You might feel that you are the most miserable person in the world but this is what love does to you. It will either make you fly or make you jump off a bridge. But don’t let go off the opportunity to fall in love. It’s a wonderful feeling.